Learning & teaching issues
- Promoting learning of literacy and numeracy and health and wellbeing across the curriculum.
- Raising awareness of the importance of the social and emotional climate for learning.
- Raising awareness of a variety of teaching, learning and assessment approaches.
- Developing skills and abilities for working collaboratively with colleagues, families and other agencies.
- Acknowledging the range of interests and experiences within and beyond the classroom and addressing these by focusing on what learners already know and can do.
- Increasing opportunities and removing barriers to learning and participation.
- Providing career-long learning opportunities for students and teachers to think about their teaching and develop their understanding of different aspects of inclusion.