Committing to the principles of democracy and social justice through fair, transparent, inclusive and sustainable policies and practices.
Respecting the rights of all learners as outlined in the UNCRC.
VALUES AND BELIEFS: PROFESSIONAL VALUES & PERSONAL COMMITMENT
Students explore their assumptions about children and young people, schools and social justice by considering the following types of question.
- What is it to be human?
- What do we make of difference?
- To what extent are all learners valued?
- How do the structures of schooling reinforce inequality?
- In what ways can schools help overcome inequality and challenge discrimination?
- Who are the learners at risk of marginalization?