SFR & SCLP
Plan coherent, progressive and stimulating teaching programmes which match learners’ needs and abilities.
Employ a range of teaching strategies and resources to meet the needs and abilities of learners.
Work effectively in partnership in order to promote learning and wellbeing.
Use assessment, recording and reporting as an integral part of the teaching process to support and enhance learning.
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Teachers should consider the following aspects of their own practice.
- Are some forms of achievement more valued than others?
- Are some learners’ achievements more valued than others?
- Are learning and teaching approaches being used to improve achievement for all?
- In what ways can teachers be more creative, imaginative and resourceful in order to enhance learning and participation?
- How might planning based on perceived needs and abilities constrain the learning of individuals and groups?
- What issues must be addressed when working with and through other adults (e.g. parents and other agencies)?
- How might different forms of assessment enhance or inhibit learning?